Friday, January 10, 2020

5K, No Dog

My cousin, Rebecca, and I are running in a 5K race tomorrow.   I won't be racing.   I have never once raced.   I've shot for completing instead of racing.   I don't race to beat my best time.   I just run to have fun.

Tomorrow's race will be raising money for the local SPCA.   If you'd like to run with your dog, you can.   My dog might want to run, but since I don't run with her (or run in general) she isn't prepared to do any length of running.   So instead, I'm running with Rebecca.

Or, rather, I should say I'm running with her.   She asked me if I'd like to run with her.   She's coming from out of town for the race.   She and Dale arrived earlier today and while the two ladies went to get our race packets, we left Uncle Dale jumping on the trampoline with my daughter, son and next-door neighbor, Madison.

The weather is going to be very warm for January and the race doesn't start until eleven o'clock.   That's my kind of January race.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Sleep Situation:  My son could easily stay up past midnight suffering no ill-effects in the morning.   My daughter can't manage to stay awake until bedtime.   This morning she was up before five AM after falling asleep early.   She had woken my son up and made him mad because she was reading aloud in the closet, where he had decided to sleep in his sleeping bag.   The two of them came downstairs to wake us up to settle the fight they were in that had gotten physical.   Rarely does my husband yell but this morning he had had enough.   We tried to keep my daughter awake tonight past seven o'clock but she fell asleep on the ottoman in the living room with things happening all around her.   Eventually, after failing to wake her up, my husband changed her into pajamas in the living room and then took her up to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment