Saturday, January 25, 2020

Some Days I’m Tired

I've always slept well.   I would say I still do, even with children running around the house.   Sometimes though, I wake up in the middle of the night and don't get back to sleep.   This is most likely the fault of my iPad and the Internet and all the interesting things I can do with the combination of both as I lie in my bed.  

It doesn't bother me though as I catch up on sleep when I next get the chance.  Last night I woke up after 3AM and didn't get back to sleep.   I had fallen asleep before 10PM so I'd gotten some hours in, but I was tired after the birthday party mid-day we had gone to.   I fell asleep with children running amok in the house and missed the alarm going off on my phone to wake me in time to get ready for dinner with our friends.   Thankfully my husband woke me up so I could get ready before they arrived to pick us up.

I'm still tired now, after a lengthy dinner on hard, wooden seats—something both my mother and I find uncomfortable.   So I'm cutting this short tonight and heading to bed.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a full-on game of street hockey going today with some friends.   He's prone to staying inside, preferring something digital over physical.   Now that they've all played together with my son's street hockey set, maybe they'll do so more often.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My children were in the car with my parents going to dinner tonight.   My mother uncharacteristically said something harsh to my father, who had irritated her while she was driving.   My daughter said, "I don't like Mimi because she said mean things to my Grampsie."  Five minutes later she was back to thinking Mimi was the best in the world.   Such is the fast turning tide of emotions in children.

No comments:

Post a Comment