Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pepperoni and Butter Sandwich

My children bring their lunches to school.   I try to pack a variety of things, changing what they have to eat so they’re flexible and enjoy a variety of food choices.   Some of the things I put in every day such as a granola bar and yogurt, but the fruit, vegetables and protein ranges across a large spectrum of choices.

I’ve asked the children to be involved in helping make the lunches but it is more tedious and always takes longer than when I do it alone.   Sometimes through those helping sessions I learn something new.   For instance, yesterday I learned my children would prefer a whole orange be sent in as opposed to one sliced up.  

Tonight I was making sandwiches and querying the children on what they wanted on theirs.   My son walked over to the island where the ingredients were laying out, looked up at me and said, “I want a pepperoni and butter sandwich”.   And that is what’s in his lunchbox now.   We’ll see what comes home tomorrow after school.

The Big Boy Update:  My son looked up to see my husband kiss me in the kitchen.  He said, “are you guys kissie wissie?”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My daughter at dinner, “I wish I could go back in time”.  Me, “why?”  My daughter, “to go to breakfast.”  Me, “why?”  My daughter, “so I could go to school again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment