Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Tooth Fairy

Today we lost our first tooth.  My son has had a wobbly tooth for a long time now, so long that I was wondering if it wasn’t going to come out at all, but today it finally did.   He was cross at me at the time because I was explaining how he was not allowed to keep the volume on the keyboard, playing the annoying demo song over and over again, at full volume.  He was in the middle of some tantrum-like gesture of anger when I saw something fall down from his mouth.  

It wasn’t until he said, “my tooth just fell out” that I realized what small, cream-colored thing had just landed on the cream-colored carpet.   Hopefully we found it rather quickly.   The tooth out of his mouth didn’t even look like a tooth, but more of a tooth segment.   Could it be his whole tooth?  I had him show me his mouth and quickly realize inside his little mouth the teeth don’t look as small as they really are.  

I put it in a bag and we talked about the tooth fairy visiting tonight.  We talked about it quickly because we had a dinner party of nineteen happening shortly, with eleven of those guests children and my son was more interested in that then the tooth at the time.

Just now, hours past bedtime with our friends gone home, my son is getting in bed and is putting his tooth in the little bag under his pillow.   He’s looking forward to finding money there in place of his tooth in the morning.   Now the only question is, how much money does the Tooth Fairy leave these days?

The Big Boy Update:  My son was looking forward to our friends coming to dinner tonight.  Some our children knew well while others we haven’t had as much time to spend with.  I told my son Colton was coming to see him and I bet he would have a good time playing with him.   By the end of the night they were wrestling on the floor together.   Colton didn’t want to leave and my son didn’t want to see him go.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter played The Gummy Bear song today through the Amazon Echo.   She turned to dad and said, “do you remember when Kyle played the video of this song when we were visiting them in New Jersey?”  My husband said he remembered.   My daughter said, “I can see it in my head.”   This is a poignant comment from her because she saw that video before she lost her sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment