Sunday, March 12, 2017

Severe Weather Alert

I get weather alerts on my phone from time to time.   There was some possible frozen precipitation happening this morning so I wasn’t surprised when the phone popped up with a message from one of the weather apps I have.   I looked out the window and didn’t see much more than a minor bit of snow coming down.   It was just enough to be able to see on the surface of the deck and grill.    The children were interested, but only mildly so since it wasn’t enough to frolic in, let alone collect and throw at other people.

I opened up the weather alert notice on my phone at this point because I didn’t remember there being any indication of bad weather, much less a weather pattern that would warrant the phrase, “Sever Weather Alert”.  

And that’s when I started to laugh.   I laughed and couldn’t stop laughing.   My husband looked at me and probably thought I was watching funny cat pictures on the internet until I said, “get this, that severe weather alert.  It says, ‘Slight dusting of snow.’”

Did I mention we live in the south?   Any chance of snow involves high alert and preparations for weeks without power and catabolism.    All signs of the snow were gone by eleven o’clock.

The Big Boy Update:  My son broke the rules last night.  He broke them more than once and he suffered logical consequences as a result.   He lost privileges to use his iPad, which he only gets to use on the weekend and which is precious time to him.   He looked at us in the doorway to our bedroom this morning and said, “fine, them I’m going to kill you.   I’m going to get a knife.”   He was informed he wouldn’t like the consequences of that either, so he decided to stomp off upstairs and play with Legos (happily) by himself.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My son had money under his pillow this morning from the first tooth he lost yesterday.  My daughter was excited about it last night and this morning she came down telling me in a happy voice, “Momma, the Tooth Fairy is real!”

No comments:

Post a Comment