Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My Daughter’s Visit With Mimi

My mother took each of our children on a special outing this week.   She took my daughter on Monday and my son on Tuesday.   Here’s her account of the trip with my daughter as told in her words:

The Tiny Girl Mimi Outing Experience:
I picked Reese up at 3:00 and she happily said “Mimi, Mimi” when she heard me call out her name from the front passenger window of the car. She informed her teacher that I did not have a car like her Mom and Dad had.

She talked all the way to the Mall. I told her I was excited about going to the Mall with her. She said she was excited too and that “we were going to spend some money!”

I asked her about school and her friends. She said that “one of my teachers is living in the Harden house”, and that “it needed some things done to it, but my Dad can do them.”

We parked behind the food court and when we went in the first thing she said was “can I go on the rides?” I said that would be good, and reminded her of the fun we had had in the past on the rides. I had brought along about $4.00 in quarters and we started on each of the rides. She rode all five of them and thoroughly enjoyed each one. We were the only people at the rides.

She said she was not hungry, but could she buy some candy. I thought that would be a special thing to do so I said OK. We went to the kiosk next to the rides and she began to go through the decision process to decide on which candy she would buy. She asked me to identify each kind as she picked them up and felt of them. She finally decided on some sour gummy bears. We made our way over to McDonalds to get a beverage to go with the gummy bears. I chose a Coke, and she chose chocolate milk. We sat at the tables, talked, ate a little candy and drank our beverages.  

Then it was time to walk around the Mall and see what we could find to “spend our money” on. We went into a few stores and then she heard a sound from a kiosk in the center of the Mall. It was a little dog that made a barking sound while walking forward and backwards. She was mesmerized by the dog, and wanted to buy one right that minute. I suggested we look some more before she made up her mind to buy the dog. She was not happy with that, but finally agreed we would do some more shopping. We made our way to the Disney store and she examined almost everything there. but said to me “Can we go back outside now?” So we did and she headed immediately to the dog stand. She said this was what she wanted to buy. There were MANY dogs of all colors. She took her time and finally decided on a green dog. The base price was $10, and $12 with the batteries installed. We, of course, bought the whole package!

She was so happy. She held the dog, would stop and put it down and watch it walk, show it to people, and just seemed so pleased with her choice.  
She wanted to go up and down on the escalators and we did that for a while. She was very proficient at getting on and off the escalators, and seemed to enjoy walking up and down while they were moving.

Then I sat on one of the benches in the center while she ran around in circles, and up and down the middle. She enjoyed the freedom to just run and run. There were very few people there and so it was no problem for her to commandeer the space.
Finally she asked could we go to the rides again. I said yes, but we had to go to the potty first, which we did. We walked back to the food court, and she rode on two of the rides again. Then we agreed it was time to go home.

She was a delight. Not a problem at any time. I had at least four  people tell me how pretty she was. She asked if we could do this again sometime.

When I talked to Greyson this afternoon about his turn to go to the Mall, he asked if Reese could go too. He thought it would be more fun if she were with us. Bill was there and we suggested that I go with Greyson by himself one time and the Mimi and Gramps would take Greyson and Reese to the Mall together.  He liked that idea.

After this discussion, I relayed Greyson what Reese had said when I told her I was taking her to the Mall. (She asked, “What about Greyson?”)  This seemed to please him. He had the sweetest look on his face when he heard this.

You have two wonderful children. Well mannered, well behaved, intelligent, considerate, and a delight to be with.

No comments:

Post a Comment