Tuesday, March 14, 2017

No Asphyxiation

I love my car.  And when I say, “my car” I mean the Tesla Model X.   I like driving it more than the Model S, which is definitely a great ride, but the Model X has less sporty and more comfortable seats.   I like the ride and the quietness of the car.   And I love the seat warmer, particularly in winter.

Sometimes, I get home from running errands or dropping the children off at school and pull into the garage, shut the garage door and just sit there in the car.   I’m not only sitting there, I’m doing things, like checking email, voice mail, checking the weather or maybe just finishing my coffee.  

It’s comfortable sitting the car—and it’s safe too, because there’s no engine spewing poisonous gasses that would asphyxiate me if I sat in a gas-based car for too long.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been wanting background noise lately to help him concentrate on whatever he’s doing.   I’ve gotten tired of the droning, repeating demo song on the keyboard in the bonus room so today I got the little iPod we got for my daughter (pink, of course) and loaded it with artists my son likes like Deadmau5 and Sia, paired it with his headphones and let him try it out.   He’s crazy about it.   I told him he could play music any time if he wanted…but not outside!

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has a fickle relationship with light.  He irises are blown wide open from scaring and can’t regulate light like most people’s eyes can.   She’s taken to using her prescription sunglasses all the time when she’s outside.   She’ll drop her main glasses around her neck since they’re on an elastic band around her head and when she comes back inside she’ll put her sunglasses away and put on her regular glasses.    She’s very good about keeping glasses on to protect her eyes all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment