Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Son’s Visit With Mimi

My mother took each of our children on a special outing this week. She took my daughter on Monday and my son on Tuesday. Here’s her account of the trip with my on Tuesday with my so as told in her words:

The Big Boy Mimi Visit Update:
We narrowly missed the rain at pickup time. But by 3:30 the heavy rain stopped and the sun came out.  We talked briefly on the way to the Mall. Greyson seemed happy to just be with his thoughts.

He wanted Chick Fil A French fries and chocolate milk for his snack. He must have been hungry, because he wolfed the French fries down. We ate quietly during our snack and then he asked if he could ride on some of the rides. I told him that we had to go to the potty first I let him know that I had brought some quarters and he could ride until they ran out.  He rode on the ice cream truck and the space module and said that was all he wanted to ride on. Then he wanted to go to the candy store. He looked for a while and settled on the strips of gummy candy. I told him we could not get much and he agreed. He picked out a little amount of two colors and we bagged them up.  We sat down at a table and he had two pinches of the candy and showed no more interest.

We walked around a while, went up and down the escalators, and then Greyson said he wanted to go to the Lego store. We didn't know which way to go so we found a directory and began to follow the directions. I was not sure we were going in the right direction, so I stopped a FedEx man who said we were almost there. The man said he had bought a Bat Man Lego yesterday so he knew exactly where the store was. Greyson was amazed at that and talked about the Bat Man several times.

Greyson was so excited when he saw the store. He ran in and began to look at all the offerings. I told him we needed to stay around $20. The first item he said he wanted was $99.99 and we agreed that was way above $20. Then he found the one we finally bought. He really liked it, but I told him it was also too much. He kept looking, and looking, and finally said to me, "This is the only one I want." I told him that Gramps could help and wewould get that one for him. That seemed to ease his mind.

He proudly carried the Lego bag to the car and could not wait to get home to put it together. I told him that since Gramps and I had given him the Lego set we wanted to see it when he finished putting it together.

There had been a traffic accident and the drive home was unbelievably slow. To help the time pass, I talked about our trip to Jamestown to see Olivia, Rebecca and Dale. I also told him about my cataract surgery. He wondered if my doctor could help Reese see better. I thought that was so thoughtful of him to make that connection.

We talked about singing a song, but could not think of a good song. Then he asked me if I could make up a song, which I did. We finally arrived home.

He was a delight the whole time. His energy was boundless and he ran everywhere. I tried to keep up with him. If he got ahead of me, he would look back to make sure we were together.

I hope we can do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment