Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hi Friends!

I am around my children's school a good bit.  I'm on a lot of committee meetings, volunteering and substitute teaching.  As a result I know most of the students by name and they know me.  This afternoon I was over at the school early before I had to pick up my son to retrieve my daughter's forgotten lunch box.    I stopped in at the office and talked to several staff members before going to the refrigerator to get her lunch.

After that I stopped outside to talk to two of the Toddler House classroom teachers about the closet I'd been helping organize and I had several of the smallest children come over to the fence they were playing inside to tell me about the fireman game they were playing, telling me about it in their cute little broken beginner English.

I left the toddler playground to walk across the Outdoor Learning Environment to the multipurpose room where my son was finishing up.  The two teachers for the older after school children called out to me saying hello.   I said hello back and then called out to the students, "hi friends!"   The entire group unexpectedly said back in unison, "hi!"  

It made me feel so happy to be part of such a friendly school community of both teachers and students.

The Big Boy Update:  my son bites his fingernails. We've been trying to keep them trimmed, but he beats us to it most of the time.  Tonight as we were reading he decided he needed to trim his own toenail with his teeth.  He reluctantly let me trim them with the clippers after I got him to take his foot out of his mouth.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  my daughter had a play date with a school friend who leaves at noon instead of three when my children get out.  We decided it would be a fun time for her and let her go home with Taylor at noon.  She came home talking all about it and brought back with her several paintings she'd made including her hair, which had also gotten painted a lovely shade of teal in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment