Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Not Paperwork

I don’t know what to call it anymore.  I use to have to do, “paperwork” from time to time.   I’d like to say I pay every bill the moment it comes in, respond to every correspondence as soon as it arrives and file all things at the point I receive them, only that’s not what happens.    I don’t let things pile up too much, because I don’t like having hours and hours of work to do to catch up, but when I’m traveling or are overly busy I let things slide until I have some uninterrupted time at the computer to get things done.

And “at the computer” is really the point here.  It’s so much less “paperwork” and more “electronic work” that needs to be taken care of.   Is it, “inbox work”?  I don’t know what to call it anymore.   Today I spent several hours getting anything and everything done so that I have zero email waiting to be handled across three accounts, no paperwork that hasn’t been handled and filed and all other matters on my electronic “paperwork” to do list handled.    And it feels good.

I like being caught up.   Sort of lifts a weight off, knowing I’ve punted communications back to any senders and scheduled things that need scheduling.  I’ve returned things and filed things and overall taken care of things.    Tonight I think I’m going to sleep extra soundly.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a new Lego Dimensions character pack his sister brought home from our drip to Detroit.   He’s built the Lego characters but he hasn’t been allowed to load the game (screen time) to see what the characters do until this weekend.   Since Friday is a teacher workday, he’s doing the best he can to wait without complaining.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is losing her mind right now.   She ate a lot but for some reason she’s unhappy about anything and everything.   I’m going to go put her to bed right now if she can’t calm down and stop whining (this is what we’re telling her as I type this in the hopes she’ll change her behavior).   She’s saying, “I can’t stop crying and I don’t know why.”   She’s been pushing us with tantrums like this lately and when she ultimately loses, she turns suddenly into a very normal and happy child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment