Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Missing Sword Saga

My son and daughter ask to carry something in the car with them when we go to school sometimes.   They aren’t allowed to carry the items into school and we usually say no, but yesterday we were headed to the chiropractor so I let my daughter carry, “Stinky”, her Pink Panther stuffed animal, and my son carried a Lego Batman character.

We weren’t two minutes into the drive when my son announced he’d lost the (small) sword somewhere in the seat or the car.   I told them we’d have to look for it later because we were tight on time to get to the chiropractor and then to school before drop off was over.

They insisted on looking for a minute when we got to the chiropractors and then a minute when we got done with the chiropractors, all to no avail.   The blind child said she saw it twice, but we’re not sure what she saw and it definitely wasn’t a tiny, silver Lego sword.

We missed drop off and I had to send them in via the office and a late pass due to sword searching.   I looked when I got home and found, interestingly enough, another tiny sword but not the missing one. I forgot about it after that.

Today after school on the ride home I asked my son if he’d checked in his school purple bag because it was close and the sword might have fallen into it.    I turned around to find my son dumping out his bag, piles of mulch and all, into the back seat of the car.   I cringed.  He yelled.  “There it is!” I heard him saying as I tried to survey the debris damage while staying on the road.

My son went in and happily told dad about the sword he’d found in his bag.   I stayed in the garage because there was car vacuuming that needed to be done.  

Not two minutes later my husband came outside with a large glove on his hand.   He said, “our son lost the sword again…into the toilet, after he’d used it.”  

I told my husband he was the best kind of dad to fish it out and disinfect it.   He told me if the sword got lost one more time he wasn’t helping find it.

The Big Boy Update:  Since there is no school tomorrow my son can finally play the video game that the Batman (and sword) Lego character goes with.   He had to patiently wait for a large patch update to install and then played up until dinner time and had to be dragged away to eat.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Out of the blue tonight, and because I have no idea what prompted this question, my daughter asked me, “mom, why haven’t you farted in a long time?”

No comments:

Post a Comment