Monday, March 13, 2017

Hot and Cold

The weather here has been indecisive.  So indecisive in fact that I’ve had to bring out spring clothes of short sleeves and short pants while keeping the heavy warm gear in the children’s normal drawers.

Every morning we talk to Alexa, asking her what the weather is like.  Some nights we check in advance so we can tell the children to come downstairs dressed for warm weather, really cold weather or medium cold weather that will be getting to warm weather in the afternoon.

The children have gotten pretty good at making clothing decisions based on the weather predictions.   Sometimes my son overdresses, but he feels confident in his choices, so we let him handle the consequences if he’s too hot on the playground.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has been spelling his name on his school work for a bit now.   What’s interesting is instead of spelling it correctly, he’s spelling it out phonetically.   It’s great to know he’s thinking about sounds and how they form together to make words.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter comes downstairs in the middle of the night sometimes.  Last night at 4AM she stood at the side of the bed and said, “mommy, I’m scared.”  I asked her what was scaring her.   She replied, “my eyes.”  I sort of froze, thinking I might finally get some insight into how she felt about her vision loss.  I said, “why?” and she said, “of seeing the shadows”.   So I told her to get in the bed and ten minutes later I took her back upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment