Thursday, April 27, 2023

Up and Down

I woke up, and the dog looked at me with the, "Please, could you let me outside?  I can go back to sleep, but I sort of need to go now" look.  So I got up and hobbled to the door to let her out.   I collapsed back in the bed and reached for the Tylenol bottle on my nightstand.   The muscle aches were pretty bad.  I also had a nasty headache.  And, to add another layer of fun, I had a fierce sore throat.

An hour later and I felt a decent bit better.  My husband had let the dog in, and she kept looking at me with the "Where is my food?' look.  I kept telling her, "Go get your breakfast, go." but she persisted.  Did she not know to go check to see if the food was there?

I got up to show her and found the bowl on the counter, filled, but for some reason, not put down on her mat.   Go me.   

I took some herbs from Nana's garden that she brought over for the guinea pigs and went upstairs to feed them, do the morning cage cleaning, and get some Halls that I knew I had in my mint collection.

They were very happy about the morning's greenery.  I put them in the playpen and took a few videos of them doing "zoomies" (the term for when they run about in joy) and fighting over food, which is really cute because there's plenty to eat, they just always want the thing the other one is eating.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son said he feels like he's being mean to me because he doesn't want to be anywhere near me.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has hidden in her room for two days now.  We need to get her out.  My husband (who is now negative for COVID) just took her and the dog for a walk in the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment