Thursday, April 20, 2023

Wow, Headache, Wow.

I had a bad migraine headache today.  It was coming on, and I needed to lie down, but I had to finish several things.  I was trying to make decisions on simple things like color or time of day, or something equally challenging, but I just couldn't do it because I couldn't think well with my head pounding. 

For some reason, I couldn't let it go.  I couldn't wait until I had gotten a few hours sleep to pick back up and finish the task in five minutes.  When I got upstairs, my children must have realized I wasn't feeling well because they wanted to help.  

I had Cheerio brought to me with some celery and a single grape.  You might think this an odd thing to bring, but he was perfect.   Cheerio happily ate his celery while the dog looked hungrily on—at Cheerio, not the grape or the celery. 

They took Cheerio away after a while and after bringing me an ice pack wrapped in a cloth (which my daughter had to find and get the right cloth to wrap it in.)  Then they left me to fall asleep (after my daughter spritzed my forehead with cool water) and said she would be back in two hours to help me wake up so I could get back to work before it was too late. 

They were so sweet together.   Sometimes children make you want to pull your hair out.  But then there are the times they are kind and gentle and caring and just the sort of person you'd hope they would grow up to be.   These are the memories I hope we'll all take forward into the future and leave behind a lot of the times we didn't get along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment