Friday, April 14, 2023

Girls NYC Weekend 2023

My daughter wanted to go on a trip with just me.  It was my idea.   I thought she would want to go to the waterpark a few hours away.  Nope, what she wanted was to go to New York City.   

I love New York City, and I was all for the trip, but we had a guinea pig on the mend, so we had to plan for another time from our original plans.   We packed and prepared, and I have to thank my husband for the help in preparing and the advice from friends on things to do.  

We left early morning.  Very early morning, and we landed around seven-thirty.  We took a taxi into Manhattan and dropped our bags at the front desk.  They would message us when our room was ready.  I asked to be directed to a deli for breakfast.  I told my daughter Delis and restaurants in general in New York were all good because the competition was fierce, and any establishment that didn't have great food wouldn't make it for long. 

She had chocolate chip pancakes, and I had French toast.  She said they were her favorite diner (and the only diner she'd been to in New York City).    We then went on a walk towards Central Park.  Our hotel was so very well positioned.  We were on 46th, between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.   We could get to so many places with not more than a short walk. 

We decided to take a horse carriage ride around Central Park.  My daughter immediately bonded with the horse (who liked her carrots).  We learned about all sorts of things, the most interesting being there were lots of rocks to climb. 

After our ride through the park, we went and climbed some of the schist rock.  My daughter loved the rocks.  At about that time, our room was ready, so we headed back, taking a picture of ourselves in front of Radio City Music Hall. 

Our next plan was to go to the Museum of Ice Cream (yes, that is a thing!)  We ate loads of ice cream and played in a pool of sprinkles at the end of the tour.   We were also very full because we decided we needed five cups of pineapple sorbet each. 

We were getting tired, and it was dark at this point, so we walked home and stopped to get a slice of pizza on the way back to our room.   Pizza was everywhere, but there was one just across from our hotel.  My daughter now understands what her father talked about with the difference in the crust.   She said the crust was amazing.  

We fell straight to sleep, our feet not realizing they would only get more tired over the next few days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment