Saturday, April 1, 2023

An Honest to Gosh Lazy Day

I had a truly lazy day today.   I got up sometime after nine o'clock.  I went to sleep earlyish and didn't have to do anything in particular after we arrived, and the pot roast had made it onto all our plates and into our bodies.   No one complained about pot roast because we all love it.  

Some pool time was had, and the hot tub is still as wonderful as I remember it being.  This morning I had some coffee, a coffee cake with pear in it that was homemade by my mother-in-law.   I've never had pear coffee cake before.   The pear went with the cinnamon and sugar much more seamlessly than I would have expected.  

We had pool time today.   I was out at the pool with my head-mounted loupe and a watch I'd been meaning to take apart for over a year now.    I brought my tools down to Florida, and in a very non-standard horological work location, I worked on disassembling one of the watches poolside.   I don't think I lost any parts, but I'm not completely sure.   Watch parts are internally small.  I will never understand how they are milled to such exacting standards and then sold for such low prices.  

The children played in the pool while I squinted at a very tiny mechanical device.   After that, I was tuckered out and fell asleep for a spell.  My daughter tried to wake me up several times and kept laughing at me because I was answering her while half-asleep.  I vaguely remember answering and then realizing I was asleep, and the answers made no sense.  My daughter finally got me up for dinner.

Taco Tuesday on Saturday is a tradition with my children and their grandparents.   We had all kinds of delicious taco ingredients tonight, all prepared by Nana.   Everyone was full.  

My daughter and I played some cards, and now I'm about to go back to sleep.  It has been a very lazy day, indeed. 

Che-Me-Mo:  Pronounce that phonetically and that's how the children chant Cheerio's name.  I'm telling you, he is the most beloved guinea pig.   Kix is very loved as well, but Cheerio is (apparently) the favorite pet going through the drive through at our morning Starbucks as well.   A high honor.   Tonight my children and I stopped and were completely quiet, listening.   We all three heard Cheerio's peeping sound. What in the world?  It turned out to be a squeaky handle on a domino case.   We all suddenly got Cheerio homesick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment