Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Unpack, Repack, Prepare For RepRap

I thought today was Wednesday.  I am so glad today isn't Wednesday.  I'm not even unpacked from the top this week, and I have to pack to leave in thirty-six hours to go to Denver for the Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival.  

We're a sponsor and an exhibitor at the event.  This is the first year of this festival, but it has taken off in popularity.  I happened to be on a Maker call on Friday nights with one of the organizers, which is how I got involved early on.  I didn't know if it would have much of a response, so I offered to be a sponsor at a low level.  The sponsorship came with a table, which I didn't really want, but JC, our producer, said to get the table, and we'd just sit there and talk with people that came by.  He was going to use it as a place that's a home base to talk business from.  

I'm so glad he wants to do the business negotiations side of things.  He enjoys it and finds it challenging.  I do not enjoy it and find it draining.  He's asking, and companies are paying.  When I read his emails, I can understand why; he has a knack for sales.  He's a positive person, and that also comes through.  He's fair but also is looking out for our best interest.   I'm very grateful for all that he's done and wants to do.  

He has ideas for how we can grow the business that is good ideas.  They may not be the direction we want to grow in, which is fine with him, but it's also good for us to think about things outside of what my husband and I are thinking about.   

My Daughter is Bored:  My daughter is bored again.   We just got home yesterday, and she's already bored.  I can understand, though, she doesn't have people to play with during the day because of school. In the afternoons and evenings, some of her friends have moved, and some have aged out of playing with her because the age gap is too much.  Next week she's back at school.   We still need to find a way for her to get in touch with her friends.   I think she would have a lot of fun with text messaging.   She could message her grandparents, aunts, and uncles too.   We have the phone, she just isn't ready yet.  Maybe she's not bored enough?

My Son is Bored:  My son said he was bored this evening after dinner.  He was perhaps not bored as much as he wanted to do something with screens and suggested we play 'Bloons together.   I had to politely decline but thanked him for thinking of me and that we could play sometime soon when it wasn't a no-screens day.

No comments:

Post a Comment