Saturday, April 1, 2023

We Made It...Barely

Fly by the seat of my pants is how I felt today was progressing.   I have never, ever, been so unprepared for the hour of departure to arrive.  I've always had my list checked off and checked twice.   Today, it was a mad dash to get out of the house.

I fell asleep last night with my clothes on on top of the covers with the light on and things happening around me.  Until I was woken up by a crying child and another child who had stolen the guinea pig to bring to me.   It all worked out, and I got to go to sleep.  I got up very early, got the dog to the boarders, and made it home to pack and get to the airport in time to make the flight.  

I only forgot, well, I'm not sure what I've forgotten, but I'm sure there's something. 

The Children Are Babies:  I swear, can they not make it more than thirty minutes without being separated for trying to annoy each other into a fight?   We had to keep them separated for ma lot of the trip.   Arriving here and getting to Nana and Papa's made all the difference in the world, though.  They are happy siblings again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment