Friday, April 28, 2023

Fifth Grade Flashbacks

My daughter is very responsible.  She does her homework and tries to do a reasonably good job of it, even when she's put it off until the last night, which is most of the time.  She has been turning in her work every day (that it was due) and turning in other things that need to be reviewed by a teacher during the day as work is completed.   She had school knocked out of the park.  Or so I thought. 

On the way home, I talked to her about getting her homework done because I'd seen an email from her teacher with all the things that were due.   She told me she would get it all done tonight.   She also told me she usually didn't turn her homework in.   Wait, what?   "Why not,"  I asked her?  It didn't really matter was what I was hearing.  Hmmm... is what I thought.  

My daughter brought her backpack in, went upstairs after school, and didn't want to come out until it was after ten o'clock.  It was then that she told me it was Teacher Appreciation Week.   Or rather it had been starting last Wednesday only she forgot to tell me and tomorrow was the last day we could bring them things.  

My husband read through some things and found out she had math and science work to do.  Plus, there was a day the students could bring in notes to their teachers, and she had to do those as well.   And wasn't going to sleep until she was finished.   

She was up late working.  I'm still not sure about the unturned-in work.   It gave me flashbacks to fifth grade because that's the exact same thing I got in trouble for.  My father brought that up until I had graduated from high school.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son is coming home tomorrow.  He's been in Maine with his class all week.  I'm really interested in what they did this week.  The pictures looked so interesting.  My son will probably not want to talk about it at all.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter hasn't been turning in her homework—that she completed.   When I was in fifth grade when I didn't turn in my work, it was because I didn't want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment