Sunday, April 30, 2023

I Was Going To Sleep In...

But I woke up and made the mistake of getting out of bed early to do "just one thing" at seven in the morning. It is now midnight, and I'm tired, and I don't think I've sat down to take a break.  This means at this point in the day (or night), the Guinea pigs are clean, their cage has had its weekly overhaul, the children have done things with us, and we've gotten a video ready to release tonight.   

I think most of those things have happened.  I was trying to get caught up on my blog posts from this past weekend.  I've finished Friday, but I'm still missing Saturday and Sunday.  I'll get there.  I remember what I want to say.  

The Tiny Girl Pet Caregiver: my daughter wanted to wash the Guinea pigs tonight.  While she waited for us to be finished our video, she relocated a lot of the cage internals to our bathroom.   She helped me wash them and then decided she was too tired to help clean everything up.  She was a real help, though, and they definitely needed their lower halves cleaned. 

The Big Boy Update:  I wrote this down when my son said it, and he got mad, thinking I was going to be picking on him in the blog.   I had a hard time convincing him that I thought what he said was very clever, and I wanted to share it.  He said this afternoon while he was looking out the windows in our backyard.  
"There are too many deciduous trees here."  His grandfather was a scientist and loved botany.   I see him in my son.   

No comments:

Post a Comment