Saturday, April 15, 2023

Girls Weekend NYC Empire State Building

My daughter and I slept in a bit, but when we got up, we got to work.   We navigated to find Dunkin' Donuts, which turned out to be in the subway station.  I forgot to mention yesterday that we took the subway to the Museum of Ice Cream.  My daughter thought is was interesting, but not any more so than the trains you take going from the concourse to baggage claim in various airports she's been to. 

We got our doughnuts and headed back up top to go to FAO Schwarz.  She had her picture taken with the Beefeater at the front door and then the inspection of the plush animals began.   We found Patrick immediately, the store's dog who carries the name.   My mother-in-law has a huge Patrick from when my husband was younger so seeing his brethren made an instant connection for my daughter, who wasn't interested in the store at first. 

They had so many large animals and things for her to touch.   We left after a while to go drop our things and walk over to the Empire State Building.   She loved being on top of the building.  The experience going from ticketing to the top was much updated from when I went so many years back.   She and I ate two dozen mini doughnuts (noticing a healthy food theme here?) while at the top and then headed down to go back to our hotel and meet a friend of mine from 3D printing. 

My daughter was excited to meet her daughter, who's name was Fox, which just happens to be my son's middle name.  Fox was six-years-old and the four of us went to M&M World in Times Square.   My daughter got M&M's with her name written on them that we got to see in action.  Boy, was it fast. 

We said goodbye to Britt and Fox and then my daughter and I went to Broadway to see The Lion King play.  I admit I nodded off a bit in the middle, for which my daughter absolutely has not forgiven me.  

We headed to the hotel and both fell quickly asleep, realizing only the next morning that we'd completely forgotten to eat dinner after the candy at M&M World before the play.



No comments:

Post a Comment