Friday, April 7, 2023

Migraine x2

After one of the rides yesterday I got a sudden headache.  Was it a migraine or was it related to the ride.  There were some factors in the social dynamics at the time and I was wanting to sit down.   We'd been walking around or standing waiting for six hours and my back had had it.  I wanted to rest.   I didn't want to do this other ride which was on the way to the place where we could get food.   I didn't believe that out in this other area there would be seating easily available because everything else was packed with people standing around as overage. 

So when we got to the, "we're going to take a break to get some food now" bit, my head sort of blew up.   It felt like a migraine, but it could have been from the last ride.  I honestly don't know.  What I did know was that I wasn't going on the next ride.   We went back to the locker area, and I saw some indoor/outdoor carpet just inside the building.  There were some other people sitting there waiting to meet someone, perhaps.   I said to leave me there, and I would be fine. 

I don't remember what happened next.  I lay down on my side and tried to block out the repetitive message, and five minutes later they were back.  Only it wasn't five minutes, it was forty-five.  I remembered nothing of the time, but the good news was that my headache had abated.  

We did a few more things, ending with Hagrid's ride, which was amazing.  As we got in the car, my headache was coming back.  It was getting worse.   It was getting very bad.   I didn't have anything to take while we were at the park, but I had some migraine medication in the room.  I took that and tried to fight down nausea from the pain.   I ran a tub of hot, hot water and lay in it, trying to get the throbbing to subside.

I had vomited before getting in the tub.  I was hoping that would help things, but I don't think it really did. I was in crazy pain   This second version of my headache was so bad I could barely function.   I hate getting on the bed when I'm wet, but I had no choice.   My husband came back from getting food and I said meekly that I was trying to get over the headache.   He left me alone.  

I woke up at five in the morning hungry, but headache-free.  I warmed the mozzarella sticks from the dinner he had ordered me and fell back to sleep.  No recurrence today, but I get the distinct feeling it's still lingering back there, ready to return when I least suspect it.  

The Children's Favorite Things:  Everyone went over their favorite things from Universal Studios yesterday.   We all had Hagrid's ride in the top.  Diagon Alley was a definite favorite of everyone.  The Harry Potter world is done so beautifully there.  My daughter liked all the rides.  My son loved The Simpson's ride as well as the huge Simpson's doughnut he got that we all helped him eat on account of it being the size of a cake!  And butterbeer was another favorite.  I liked it so much I had two of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment