Monday, March 15, 2021

The Cotton Candy Event

Sunday was cotton candy machine day, my husband told my daughter.   He and I were going to bring out the cotton candy machine she got for Christmas and make some in the driveway in the nice weather and let the children have some with their friends. 

When the time came, suddenly we had three families of children in our driveway.   We gave them social distanced cotton candy.   My daughter loved it.   She was sort of the star, with her present being something everyone could enjoy.

It is national nap day and I didn't get to take a nap, so I'm going to sleep now.   It's not even early but I'm going to pretend I'm napping.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Grandparents Name Discussion:   My children were talking about what we'd be called when we were grandparents.   I said maybe I'd just be Granny.   They thought maybe Cranny would be better to match the first letter of my name, Courtney.  My husband called out, "If she's Cranny, I'll be Nooks."   I laughed.   We had to explain to the children where the phrase "Nooks and Crannys" came from.   They've eaten English muffins for years, but they'd forgotten about the slogan we'd told them about, long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment