Sunday, March 21, 2021

Always Questioning

I think as a parent I'm always questioning if I'm doing a good job.   Some days I feel like I do fairly well.  Other days I worry I'm not present enough in my children's lives and they'll be grown before I know it.   And then some days I have a sinking feeling I'm failing miserably. 

Tonight, despite my best intentions, went south in a very direct and rapid way.   The children are in bed, possibly asleep, but I don't think it was a good end to the day.   My husband is upstairs, still talking to my son, hopefully getting some insight into his thoughts.   I tried but I was getting nowhere.

The Bathtub Unwrinkling:  My children still like to take baths together and play.   They haven't hit puberty so it's innocent fun for them.   I came in to hear my daughter saying, "I bet you can't get the wrinkles out!"  She was bent over sideways, causing wrinkles to appear in her skin between her ribs and hip.  My son was trying to spread out the skin on her side while she tried to bend over even more to happy cries of, "I got it", "no you don't!"  "Yes, I do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment