Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Framing The Picture

My daughter is having her picture and a comment added to the media for a company that makes 3D printers for children.   Getting a picture to the company has been a bit of work for multiple reasons but we got it done today and tomorrow the picture and comment goes live.  

I had to get my daughter's buy-in on this whole picture and video thing.   She helped, but she doesn't want to be shown just because she's blind.   So I deemphasized that part.   Once she decided to help, she sort of got into it.   

What surprised me was how little she knows about some things.   I was trying to set the shot up so I could get her standing beside the little ToyBox printer.   I had to explain how I wanted both of them in the picture.   Then I had to tell her t face a certain way so she didn't block things. 

She was looking at the little mini planter pot a face on the front, including glasses.   I had to tell her to stop looking at him so I could get him in the picture.   If what I just wrote doesn't make sense, it's because my daughter was "looking" at him with her fingers.   She moved them away from the facial features on the front of the printed little planter pot and I started to try and make her laugh. 

You have to try and make her laugh, because her forced smile is, like so many other children's, awful.   We got some pictures and she even did a little video clip that I sent to the company.   I think she enjoyed helping out, even if it kept her from the pool for a bit this morning. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is going to peel maybe tomorrow.   This week for certain.   This was a bad burn.   She's blistered all along the tops of her arms and shoulders and is in a lot of discomfort.   If you're thinking about lecturing me, don't bother, I've been lecturing myself since Monday I've been so upset about it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son knows how bad his sister feels with her burn and yet today he decided to take his shirt off late afternoon and run around without putting any sunscreen on.   I don't know if now I have a second child burned.  I hope he stayed in the shade or wasn't out for long in the sun.     

No comments:

Post a Comment