Friday, March 12, 2021

I've Been Work'in On A Project

Sing that to "I've Been Workin' On the Railroad" because that's the song that's going through my head in relation to this project I've been working on.  Also, if you could please pretend it's yesterday and I wrote this before crashing to sleep early last night, I'd be greatly appreciative. 

I'll sum this up with the children and their activities of late and then write about the project for today, I mean tomorrow's post. 

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Playing Together Days:  My son is still refusing to read Malamandar, the book he needs to finish in order to get screens back.   This is fine with me, although my husband and I are really hoping he finishes before we head to Florida to spend time with my in-laws over the upcoming spring break.   As a result, both of my children have been doing a lot of playing together.  As a general rule, this is something my daughter would love to happen all the time but doesn't that much because my son is busy with his own things, some of which include screens.   With the lack of any digital time though, they've been doing all sorts of things together with my son including my daughter in his play.   She's loving it and I think he's enjoying spending time with her too.  They were going to have a sleepover in the bonus room and got their sleeping bags ready but my son decided at the last minute to go to his bedroom.   My daughter wasn't that disappointed.   She fell asleep to the latest of her audiobooks with her favorite, "stufties" (stuffed animals) surrounding her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment