Thursday, March 18, 2021

Illness or Allergy

Here's the rundown and where we got to where we are now.   Yesterday, my daughter said she had a sore throat.   Her ear(s?) were also itchy, so much so that she'd scratched them(it?) raw.   When asked, she would downplay and minimize everything but mid-morning we decided to go get yet another COVID-19 test for her.  

Last night, the tests for her, my husband and me, all came in negative.   Today, her symptoms are worse and she's afraid we're not going to go get to see Nana and Papa for spring break (nine days away).  We decided to keep the children home tomorrow out of an abundance of caution.   Even though we're fairly certain it's something other than COVID-19.

It's starting to be a false spring with the recent clement weather we've been having.  I've started getting some fierce allergies which include itchy eyes, throat, and ears.   I also have some drainage, but not to the extent my daughter has been having. 

My daughter's voice has gotten raspier and raspier as the day has worn on, while also complaining of lots of drainage down the back of her throat—something that can cause hoarseness.   Is it allergies?  She has never had a single allergy, one of the good things she has going for her medically.   

If her symptoms aren't better in the morning, we may take her to the pediatrician to see if it could possibly be anything else.   

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me tonight he couldn't possibly get his book read by our trip, which means he won't have screens at all while we're there.   I told him he possibly could, that it's been a month since he lost screens.   Four-and-a-half weeks, he corrected me. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  In preparation for going to visit Nana and Papa my daughter and I got pedicures today.   She got olive green that sparkled,  "because Nana loves green," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment