Friday, March 19, 2021

Naps

Am I getting so old that I need a nap every day?   I don't know.   Maybe?   Sometimes I think it's because I'm up early from just waking up and I've gone to sleep late so I'm low on sleep.  Sometimes it's because I'm just in pain and lying down helps.   I always seem to fall asleep so I think that must mean I'm tired.   I don't really know though.   I used to not need naps.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Sleepover Quandry:   My daughter wants to have sleepovers a lot.   She and her brother talk about them and ask and we say no if it's a school night and they're both disappointed.  On the weekends, they ask to sleepover in either the bonus room or the living room.   

Last weekend, they planned to sleep in the bonus room, getting their baby crib mattresses from the back closet and putting them along with blankets, pillows, and sleeping bags into the bonus room.   And then my son backed out on his sister.   He's done this several times, and I'm not sure why.  

Tonight was the same thing.   My daughter was ready with all her things but when my son disappeared into his room, he would only come down to have a sleepover if she did certain things for him.   I told her I thought he was putting her in a situation where she couldn't meet his demands, and even if she did, he was going to back out for another reason.

She thought going to ask him might be a good idea, so she went into his room and I heard him yelling at her.  He called her names, was terribly rude to her because she had touched him and he had fallen asleep just before, which she didn't know.   He is going to have to apologize to her tomorrow because the things he said were not okay. 

My son has bunk beds.   If he is more comfortable in his room, she could sleep in the top bunk, something she'd be willing to do.   I asked her about that tonight as I went to check on her.  She was lying in her sleeping bag right outside her bedroom in the hall.  My heart went out to her.   She said he told her she'd stink up his room.   

I said that wasn't true and he knew it, it was just an excuse.   I told her when COVID-19 is over, she can have sleepovers with her friends again.   I reminded her how jealous he was when she had sleepovers.   I talked to her about when she grew up and all the things that were going to happen to her in the future and how I looked forward to seeing all the things she'd do.   She seemed happy as she fell to sleep with me lying beside her in the hall.  I'm glad,  I didn't want her to go to sleep sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment