Friday, August 31, 2018

Bad Parent

I feel like a bad parent some days.   I think probably all parents do.   I don’t know if it’s the whining from my daughter or my son being defiant or what, but I don’t handle situations in the way I want to. Dhruti’s said studies show you only have to get it right thirty percent of the time as a parent for your child to turn out just fine.   I suppose my expectation for myself is higher than that though.

The Big Boy Update:  My son isn’t interested in doing tumbling anymore.   He’s asked if he can try the tricking class, which we’ll take him to next week.   If that isn’t interesting to him we may look into something else like Tai Quon Do.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to type on the computer today.   She’s learning keyboard layout and will type based on the location of the keys as she gets older.   There’s an app called, Talking Typer, from the American Publishing House for the Blind that is target at visually impaired people.   She had fun with it this afternoon for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment