Saturday, September 1, 2018

A Lot of Movies

It’s been twelve days since I’ve taken any Lyrica and I’m hoping I’m through the worst of it by now.   I don’t have the nerve rebound pain I was having at first but I’m having a second side-effect that’s plagued me for over a week now—no appetite.  Worse than that, I get mildly nauseated whenever I eat something so I have to try and eat fairly quickly before I’m forced to quit eating.   The result is I’ve lost weight and I have low energy all the time.  

I’ve been so low energy I’ve spent more time in bed than I probably needed to be in bed for a whole month.   It’s been a process.   I think that’s the most positive thing I can say about it right now.   Staying in bed has been challenging because I can’t get comfortable with the spine complications I have going.   Lying on my right side and my right shoulder muscles cramp up badly, lying on my left side causes muscular problems in my right lower ribs and lying on my back without the pillow at just the right height and my arms fall asleep while my neck cramps.  

I’ve spent some time in the basement in the reclining chairs my husband frequently falls asleep in at night, which has been helpful some.   And I’ve gone through more ice packs than I would typically use in six months.  But I have accomplished something—I’ve watched a lot of movies and television.

I don’t watch much television or movies.  We have movie night here on Friday’s and there is a joke that I only watch one movie per year, that being on my birthday week.   I don’t go to movies much either at typically two per year.   So I suppose I’ve been catching up.

I’ve been watching all the Marvel movies.   There are a lot of Marvel movies.   There are several I still haven’t seen so we’re watching Captain America: Winter Soldier tonight.  My son is most excited.   My daughter, less so.

I also got in some good documentaries on space and the space missions.   I love a good documentary. And now I must go, because my son has just run in the room to tell me it’s time to start the movie.   As far as things go with the stupid withdrawals, I’ve been able to eat more today than I have in a single day for over a week now, which should help with the low energy.  I am really looking forward to being back to normal.  Or normal-ish.  I don’t know what my normal really is at this point.

The Big Boy Update:  My son wants to see the third Avengers movie and needs to see (so my husband tells us) the second Captain America movie to keep the interwoven timeline straight.   I’ve seen all the Avengers movies.  I think he’ll like it when he does see it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  There are movies that have a special audio track for the visually impaired. It’s called Descriptive Audio and is available in movie theaters on select movies and even Netflix has a whole collection of titles with the capability.   This afternoon I put on Captain Underpants with descriptive audio for my daughter.   It’s done very well.   Hopefully she can watch (listen to) movies like it more frequently.   It would enable us to have family movie night where she could enjoy the time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment