Monday, August 27, 2018

Written By My Daughter

Tonight’s blog post has been written by my daughter.   She didn’t know she was going to be writing it, but when she came home with what she wrote during the half-hour writing time today, I couldn’t resist.   Her topic was what we did as a family yesterday.








Here’s a quiz to determine your reading comprehension of my daughter’s writing:
1) What is her brother allergic to?  Cats
2) What medicine did her brother take because of his allergy?  Benadryl
3) Where did we go to eat after seeing the cats at Uncle Jonathan and Margaret’s?  Pizza
4) What negative behavior did her brother exhibit?  He had a tantrum and sounded like a baby.
5) What items did she and her brother pick when we got home?  Dessert (popsicles)

The Big Boy Update:  My son said he wasn’t coming out of his room until two weeks had passed and he got screens back.    He came out ten minutes later and he’s had a good day doing other things.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has had a lot of homework sent home.   Doing the homework isn’t the challenging part.  It’s me, figuring out how to do it.   The original homework is sent that describes what to do for the sighted students.   Then, there is a second version of the assignment for my daughter to accommodate for her vision.  They send home the instructions translated into braille as well, which is nice, but I have to decipher it (translate it) to figure out what is just a braille copy and what I need to know to help her do the homework itself.   Typically it takes very little time to do the homework and a lot of time for me to figure it out.   I’m getting a lot of practice in braille, thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment