Sunday, August 19, 2018

Good Night

My daughter’s been back to school for close to three weeks now.   My son spends his last week at home for the summer starting tomorrow.   For now, both children are with my in-laws, probably out on their boat on the lake they live on.   It was overcast earlier today but now it’s sunny.   If it’s any indication of the prior visits, my children won’t have missed us at all when they get home.  

Come to think of it, one thing we’ve never done with the children is call at the end of the night to say good night.   We haven’t done it when one of us is away, say for instance with my daughter in Detroit.   We don’t call when an adult is away like my husband being off at a golf tournament or when I’m at a ladies overnight.   We just don’t do good night calls.

I think it’s mostly because we know whoever the children are with at the time, they’re having a good time with and are being well cared for.   In other part we don’t want the children to not be able to go to sleep without talking to one of us or their sibling.   Yes, we do make calls and it’s always fun to hear what’s been happening to the other people when we do, it’s just not expected.

Some of my favorite calls have been when one of us is with my daughter in Detroit.    She and her brother want to talk to each other and the conversations they have are very endearing and somehow very mature sounding.  

My children come back in a few hours.  We didn’t talk to them this weekend after they left but I’m sure they’ll have lots to tell us when they get home.

No Input:  My in-laws haven’t sent me any cute, funny or interesting updates on what’s been happening with the children this weekend so I’ll have to do some updates based on what we find out when they return later.   I’m not minding so much; I know they’re having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment