Saturday, August 25, 2018

Duck Duck Goose

We had a group of children in the house earlier today.   I’m not sure how many, because they were upstairs, and you can’t really tell by volume, because any more than two and they sound like a cacophony, but it was a good number.  

They decided to play Duck, Duck, Goose.   They were taking turns being “it” and having a good time all around.   Then, it was my daughter’s turn to be “it”.   She would have virtually no chance to catch anyone because she wouldn’t know where they’d run off to, but my son had an idea: he said, “let’s move slow”.

And they all did, which gave my daughter a fair shake during her turn.   He’s a considerate brother and he has very good ideas sometimes.

The Big Boy Update:  My son showed Mimi Mario Maker today.  I’m not sure if she played with him or just watched him play, but I think he enjoyed spending time with her.

The Tiny Girl Update:  My daughter has Ice Cream Truck ears.   Well, she has ears that hear most things before the rest of us or when the rest of us don’t notice it.   Today she heard the ice cream truck from way around the corner in our neighborhood.   The rest of the children ran into the house, screaming, “ICE CREAM TRUCK!”   It was only an hour before dinner, but sometimes you have to have dessert first.

No comments:

Post a Comment