Friday, August 24, 2018

Bowling and a Wedding

My son wanted to go bowling today.   He and my husband went and I think they both had a good time.   I was running errands for part of the time, going to the library for the blind and physically handicapped to return and exchange the audio books my daughter has been listening to on the player we’ve checked out for her.   She wasn’t interested in listening to books at all for a long time, but then just recently she became interested and has gone through the three books we had checked out.

The staff member at the library said he could increase our book limit from three to six and he increased the reading level (or hearing level?) by a few years so the stories would be longer and more interesting to my daughter.

After that, I went to get the car cleaned.   My husband saw a post on the local Tesla forum, asking if anyone had a white Model X that would be interested in driving them off after the reception at their wedding?   And while we don’t know the couple or any of the people in the wedding, it sounded like fun, so my husband replied that he could be the driver.

So I got the car cleaned.   Jiri (pronounced Yuri) who cleans my cars, told me it was the dirtiest I’d ever brought it to him.   So now the car is cleaned and ready to be the getaway car in a wedding.   My husband will drive them from the reception to the hotel this evening at the end of their reception.

I’m off to a ladies overnight with three of my girlfriends.   We don’t get a chance to catch up often and we always have fun together so I’m looking forward to the evening.    Speaking of, I’d better pack up and head over to the hotel shortly.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a good time bowling today.   He’s possibly interested in joining a league for children.   I asked my husband if my daughter might want to bowl too.   She wouldn’t need to see much if they had the bumpers up—she just has to launch the ball down the lane.    We’ll have to take the two of them together and see if they both like it enough to do it on a regular basis.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter likes to listen to “bedtime stories” on the Amazon Echo.   She’s listened to the five-minute stories several times each, but she doesn’t mind hearing them again. It surprised me then that she wasn’t interested in listening to the audio books from the library more than once.   But nope, she was firm in wanting more books.   I have six new books for her when she gets home from school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment