Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Callapillar

Autocorrect got me twice in my blog post yesterday, changing words I was typing into words it thought I meant.   Which is very helpful (usually) but confusing when corrects to something you didn’t mean at all—confusing and/or funny.    Anyway, I shall leave finding the mistakes in yesterday’s post as an exercise for the reader.   Thanks to the one reader (my husband) who made it clear I had typos by saying, “maybe you could help translate what you mean here…”

That was yesterday, this is today and in this case, the incorrectly spelled word in the title is exactly what I meant it to be.   It’s the way my daughter pronounces the word, “caterpillar”.    She found one the other day with my husband as they were getting the herbs for the tomato sauce for dinner.   She was quite excited about it, carefully coming downstairs to find me at the computer to have me take a picture:



While she showed me this, my husband was drilling holes in the top of a jar.    They put leaves and a bit of water into the jar and then they put the aerated lid on top.   And my daughter was very happy.    She wanted pictures taken because even though she can’t see, she knows pictures capture something you can see.   And while I don’t understand it, there is something about that that’s important to her.   Something that makes her take 2500+ screen shots on her iPad over the course of a few weeks—just so she has a memory of the moment.

The next day we had to let the cal-lah-pil-ler go, I told her.   She said we needed to put him back on the parsley leaves, because he liked them since that’s where they found him.    And, of course, she wanted a picture of the release, so here it is:

\\

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son if he wanted to go to the pool with Blake, our sitter, this afternoon.   My son said, “I don’t like going to the pool.  Blake just talks to people.   Last time he got someone’s phone number.”  I asked, “was the someone a girl?”  My son said, “yes.   He said she was attractive, but she was just a normal person.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter could feel the caterpillar on her hand, but a lot less than I expected her to considering she’s so sensitive to hearing and feeling some things.   But she was very gentle in return.   She was so careful to not hurt the caterpillar.   He was safety released back into the wild (of the deck garden).

No comments:

Post a Comment