Monday, January 23, 2017

The Unexpected Thank You

I had my exam for the second post-licensing real estate class today.   I have only one more class to take to remove the provisional broker status to become a full broker.   I start the final class next month.   For now, I get a few weeks off from class, which will be nice.

Tonight while I was working on things, my husband was making dinner.   The children were helping him and when I came up he told me they had set the entire table themselves.    He said, “and then they said, ’thank you’, out of nowhere”.

I couldn’t help but laugh.  The manners they’re learning are touch and go, off and on, but when they happen spontaneously, it can be so cute.

The Big Boy Update:  My son likes to play with his neighbor friends, but sometimes the age difference gets in the way.   Instead of being mean, yelling or pushing, the other day my son said very calmly, “I won’t want to play with you, Whitaker.”   Whitaker took it fairly well and decided to go an play with some of the toys in the bonus room without my son, who was busy with a Lego set.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came downstairs yesterday morning and said to me, “Mom, I’m going to sing you part of a song; can you tell me what song it is?”  She sang something, and I recognized it, but I couldn’t place it.   She told me, “I can’t remember.  It’s the ghost song, but not Ghostbusters.”  We still haven’t figured out what song it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment