Friday, January 13, 2017

Bali Hai

We have family visiting this weekend.   They’re looking at potential colleges for their daughter, my niece.    We were all in separate places today either meetings, college tours, school or real estate work, but came back together late afternoon in time to catch up and go out to dinner.  

Figuring out what we’re going to do for dinner is a daily discussion my husband and I have.   We don’t plan in advance unless we have dinner reservations with friends or family.   Today was no different.  We had family in town, but we didn’t have specific plans for dinner.

We threw out some ideas and then Nicole, my niece, asked if that Mongolian restaurant we went to years ago ever reopened?   It hadn’t—at that location, something the locals were disappointed about, but it had opened back up in a new location not that long ago.    I’d completely forgotten about it because it was off my radar for so long.  

We all went tonight and ate a lot of food.   There were potential plans for frozen yogurt after dinner but no one had the room to entertain dessert.   We need to go with my parents sometimes soon, they always loved the restaurant too.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was so happy to see his aunt, uncle and cousin today.   He went into the kitchen and made everyone a very nice snack, including three of his favorite things to eat.    He put them in bowls and then handed them out to everyone in the living room where we were chatting.   He was a little gentleman, serving us all and then sitting down to eat with us.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter knows she has a crown on one of her teeth.   I don’t know if she likes it or not.   Sometimes she thinks it’s her special silver tooth, but then she said to me the other day, “I wish my silver tooth was gone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment