Friday, January 27, 2017

Patching

We’ve started a daily patching regime for my daughter.   She’s willing to do it, which has been a big help.   On week days we only do it once since the time after school until bed doesn’t give enough window for more than one session.   On the weekends, we’ll try to do one longer session or two.

She has always asked how much longer she has to have the patch on.   Initially, she was terrified of the patch because it left completely blind.   I’m not sure she’s any less-blind now, but she has more skills and has had time to adjust to a her low-vision world.

Yesterday I was watching the time and she went a full forty minutes before asking if she could take the patch off.   That was unexpected, to say the least.   Today, she has the patch on now and it’s several hours before movie night but she’s said she wants to keep the patch on until Dylan arrives for movie night and so Dr. Trese will be happy she’s patching.  

We’ll see if any progress is made visually with her brain, or if the eye is non-functional and will likely remain that way.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told me mater of factly yesterday, “mom, I want to buy a plane.”   I told him he was going to have to start saving his money now.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The other day in a conversation with her brother I heard my daughter say, “that’s okay, we’re not dead.”  I have no idea what game they were playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment