Wednesday, January 4, 2017

He Has The Best Voice

Update on my daughter’s back today, or rather a resolution to the problem.    I’ve taken her to my chiropractor six times now, including the initial evaluation.   There are three doctors at the practice and over the course of the last ten days she’s been seen by all three.

Today was her sixth visit, with us going in and knowing there was a good chance they would recommend doing nothing.   Each time she was seen by one of the doctors the subluxations in her back were less and less.   It’s like a two steps forward, one step back kind of thing where progress is made but not completely kept.

Good news is the subluxations were both gone and she’s been discharged.    When we got home there was a new patient welcome letter (standard procedure for medical offices) with some very nice adult words on how they’re glad to have you as a patient and your health care needs are their top concern.   My daughter wanted me to read the letter to her because I told her one of the doctors had drawn a smiley face at the bottom for her.  

When I got done, I read out the names of the three doctors she’d seen at the bottom of the letter.   She said in a quiet, inquisitive voice when I was done, “Dr. McMillon?”   I said, “yes, do you remember which one he was?”   She replied, “yes, he has the best voice.”

When you can’t see facial expressions or even faces, a person’s voice makes a bigger impact on your impression of them I would guess.

The Big Boy Update:  We have a large, foam, fuchsia ten-inch die we got some time ago.   I came into the living room yesterday to find my son yelling out to me, “I have forty-seven points” and then kicking the die across the room.   He ran over to it, saw what number had come up, added it to forty-seven and then kicked the ball again.   He was upwards of a hundred by the time I got back to the living room with the basket full of laundry.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my daughter’s hair was a nightmare.   We don’t wash it every night so sometimes the second morning I have to figure out what could have possibly gotten into it the day before when I’m doing the morning brushing.  I have a spray bottle and some detangling spray but this morning I had to get a bowl of water out and dump big sections into it to try and loosen whatever it was.   My daughter casually said while she ate her breakfast, “maybe its the Ring Pop?”

No comments:

Post a Comment