Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Eight Mile Walk

My husband and I went on a walk today.   There’s an eight mile loop around the park that, once committed, is hard to do much other than turn around or finish off.   We weren’t certain what we were planning on doing, but after a few miles in we decided to complete the full loop.

Everything went well with the walk other than a phone call from the plumber asking if we’d be in early because he was done with his earlier appointment.   We were over an hour from home, in a wooded park so we had to ask him to hold until we got back.

I did it.  It was hard.  Here’s the thing, my muscles are trained to run which would make walking sound easier, but it was in fact harder after a point.   I told my husband at about six miles in I was going to have to run for a bit to get some muscles worked out that had been cramping badly.   He ran with me for a while, listening me yell out, “this feels so much better!”  

Walking was fun and we got a lot of time talking, something we do on a regular basis, but time that’s typically spent discussing family/house/children things with regular interruptions from one child or the other (or both).  Today we had a chance to talk at length about whatever we wanted, with no laundry to fold, no beds to make up and no computer work to be done.   It was nice.

The Big Boy Update: My son’s vision is just fine.  He can see things from far away quite well.   From the back seat he saw a song come on and noticed the logo was one similar to the shape of Mickey Mouse’s head.   He told his sister, “I like this song.   It’s called, “Deadmau5”.   He was right, the song was by the artist Deadmau5.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was at my parent’s house the other day.  She was reclining my father’s chair back and forth for a while.   She tried the same thing with my mother’s chair next, but was dismayed when it didn’t recline.  My mother told her her chair was an older model and it didn’t recline.   My daughter asked, “do you think when your chair is older it will recline all the way back?”

Non-run:  eight miles with my husband around the park today.

No comments:

Post a Comment