Sunday, January 29, 2017

Helpful Friend

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I call my children, “friends”.   It’s a Montessori thing, I think.   I say, “friends, it’s time to do <insert thing here>” or, “friends, I see there’s a mess in the bonus room”.   It works well because if there are other children over at the house, the “hey friends” phrase works just as well.   Today, I talked to my “friends” and asked if they could help with some of the housework I needed to get done.

My daughter decided she was up for the challenge and took the first load of laundry, comprised of only white cloths from the house cleaning on Friday.  She took them into the bedroom and shut the door, telling me she was working on a surprise for me.  

The surprise took a long time, probably because she was patched on her left eye meaning she was almost completely blind and trying to fold laundry.    We’re not sure what she can see with the right eye, but she’s pretty vocal in saying it’s only light, dark and colors from time to time.

When she finally let me in, this is what she’d done:


This is exactly how we fold the cloths when we give them to the children for a meal.   It’s how we have the cloths in the bathroom when they need one to wipe their faces.   She was accurate and careful in making every single fold—blinded with a patch on.   

She never ceases to amaze me. 

The Big Boy Update:  My son turned into a monster sometimes when he has too much screen time.   Today, however, he was good both on and off-screen.   He finished a video game his father got him a while back and came downstairs to tell me about it.    He’s back online now, but it’s Sunday, so the screen time for the week is almost over.  

Fitness Update:  I exercise so little I forget to write what happens sometimes.   My best friend and I ran twenty miles yesterday in preparation for an upcoming marathon.   Great day, good run.   Nice to get out and do something physical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment