Thursday, January 12, 2017

Extra Napkins

We use white, cloth napkins at our house for mostly anything you can think of that you’d use a paper product for—with the exception of blowing your nose or things that happen in the “potty room”.    We have dozens of them in rotation in use all around the house.  

We bring food in from outside from time to time from ordering delivery, fast food or buying something at a restaurant and bringing it home.   Many of those transactions involve paper napkin products which make their way to our house in the paper and plastic bags with the food.  

Because we associate a thicker, sturdier cloth with napkin use at the house, even with fast food, we grab a cloth when we sit down to eat.   The result is a stack of napkins I keep thinking we’re going to use someday that only seem to grow in number.   This is what’s in our pantry now:


The Big Boy Update:  My son was exceptionally rude to his sister tonight when he didn’t get a small thing the way he wanted it from me.   He was sent to bed almost an hour early.   By bed, I meant he had to stay in his room.   I did come in when he’d calmed down and we had a very nice fifteen minutes of special time before bedtime.   Sometimes an attitude resetting is all it takes.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter brought home artwork she had made for my husband, son and me today.   They were pieces of paper glued onto larger pieces of paper.   The added, “handles” to each side so we could hold the artwork and look at the whole paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment