Saturday, January 28, 2017

Frozen Experiment

My son has gotten interested in doing experiments lately.   We had some apple cider he wasn’t particularly interested in drinking last week, but he said he might be more inclined if it were frozen like a popsicle.   I suggested putting the whole cup into the freezer to see what happened.

About two days later he remembered the apple cider and was interested in the cup full of frozen juice.   It turned out to be more complicated to eat than he anticipated though.   And from an adult perspective, a spoon jabbing into sticky apple juice, splattering all over the place, wasn’t my idea of good eating.   He didn’t mind eating it outside though, so problem solved.

Tonight I found out about another one of his science experiments.   He wanted to freeze an apple.   He put the apple in yesterday and after dinner tonight he went to check on it.   He tried to bite it, but it was too hard.   He dropped it onto the garage floor, and it bounced with an interesting sound.   He slammed it into the garage floor and it made a sound a lot like a pool cue hitting another ball.

He wasn’t sure what to do with the apple (and neither was I) so we put it back into the freezer until we come up with another experiment to do on it.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was over at my best friend’s house several days ago.   Apparently he wanted to do math with her, asking her all sorts of addition and subtraction questions.   She said he knew all the answers, he was just testing her to see if she did too.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Last night one of our friends over for Movie Night told me my daughter said to her, “when I become a mom and the baby comes out, it’s gonna hurt at least a little bit, but that’s gonna be until I’m older, so that’s good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment