Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Today's Antics Include...

...the following things my children did or said that made me laugh or proud,

The Big Boy Update:

The Unexpected Sleeping Bag:  My son's teacher is pregnant.  She's due in August, so she's starting to be quite visibly pregnant now.   She told me at pickup after camp that my son told her, "your tummy looks like a sleeping bag."   She told him about the baby and then he said, "there's a baby under your skin?"

Letter Pointing:  He's learning his letters now and can recognize many of them.  I asked him so show me the letter M's in a word search on his kids menu and he very easily pointed several of them out.  Only he didn't point directly below the letter, he put his finger exactly on top of the letter each and every time.

The Rocket Ship Story:  My son drew and narrated a story at camp today.  There were several pages of scribbled crayons and the teacher's handwriting below detailing the story my son said the scribbles told.  I asked my son to tell me what each of the pages meant, and he remembered that there was a lot going on with rocket ships and crashing.  His interpretation the second time around was close, but didn't quite match the first one, which read as follows:
 
     The Happy Rocketship, by: Greyson Fox
     The net is catching the rocket ship.
     It is about to explode already.
     The crane picks up the pieces.
     It hooks and throw it away.
     Build a new rocket ship.  The end.

Opening the car door:  The children want to get into the minivan to go someplace.  Or else they don't.  But when they do, the sliding doors are hard to open.  Neither of my children has been tall enough to have enough angular pull to get the doors open until today.  My son successfully got the door open twice.  At least now when I tell them to get in the car they can actually get in the car instead of wandering around it and getting sidetracked with a toy in the garage.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:

Playing under the table:  At two-and-a-half, my children have no concept of what is or isn't a dirty place to play.  As an adult, the thought of climbing under a booth table in a restaurant, sitting on the floor, picking things up and playing with them would likely make you have a mild round of the heebie jeebies.  Not to my children.  My daughter loves to slide down the seat and disappear under the table.  I have vague memories of doing that myself when I was young and not understanding why I had to come out of my perfectly good hiding spot to be with the boring adults.

Headband:  In the battle to keep my daughter's hair out of her eyes without having her tear out any hair bow, bob or barrette and thus pulling out hair, I may have had a success today.  I found a headband that fit her small head.  It was sewn flowers that were very colorful.  She made it all day long with this head band on and I don't think any hair was harmed in the process.

Lin-num-made:  Lemonade, as pronounced by my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment