Wednesday, July 9, 2014

About the Mac

It is quite possible I might become an Apple Snob.  Or maybe a Mac Nerd.   I have no idea what condescending names might be applied to people who prefer Apple computer products over PC-based (or any other computing paradigm) but soon enough I may well be in that category.

Traditionally there was a learning curve to Mac computers.  There still is, but the difference between a PC user's required skill set and that of a Mac computer user's has narrowed significantly in recent years.   Not only was I able to transition, I was able to pick up the new operating system, user interface and general Mac way of doing things fairly quickly.   And here's the thing...I like it better.

I don't dislike a Windows-based machine, but with less than a month as a Mac user, I don't want to go back.

So dad, if you're reading this...I'll be your tech support should you choose to take the step and go Mac.

The Big Boy Update:  We had a visitor coming over tonight just before bedtime to drop something off.  My son was getting his night night clothes on and decided he wanted to, "connect my penis to this" thing which was a drawer handle.   If I hadn't been assured by other parents by now that this was completely normal behavior, I would have been worried.   Ten minutes later and the doorbell rings.   My son runs out to meet the new guest and proceeds to show him his penis (for some reason I missed because I was getting paperwork from the visitor.)  Our friend said something to my son and then my son made sure he knew that, "this is my penis."   We laughed in that, "I have seen this many times and it never stops making you laugh, this being a parent thing."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Today she picked out her clothes.  She selected a pink tutu and a New Orleans Saints jersey that was given to her by our Uncle Jonathan.   She said, "Uncle Jon has one of these too!"   I think she meant the jersey and not the pink tutu...

No comments:

Post a Comment