Monday, July 14, 2014

The Gardenia Challenge

My favorite flower smell is gardenia.  I don't know what it is about the smell of the gardenia flower that is difficult to capture accurately, but it is very rare to get a consumer product that truly smells like gardenias.

One time at an airport I ran across a candle that was very expensive, but smelled just like gardenias.  I balked at the price and then for the next month I thought about my upcoming business trip and how I was going to get that candle when I went back through the airport.   When I returned, they had sold out.  

I see candles frequently that are gardenia scented and I almost always stop to smell them.  I'm almost always disappointed because whatever smell it is, it's not remotely like the true gardenia flower scent.

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son if he knew what he used to call a motorcycle and a helicopter.   He didn't remember what a 'mackamuck' or a 'hebercopper' were but he practiced saying the words and smiled when I told him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has not had a functioning pacifier for a while now, but she still likes to hold the broken one and sometimes even puts it in her mouth.  Yesterday she did something that she knew would have her pacifier thrown away.   She was fine with it at the time, but at night she felt differently.   She went to sleep with not pacifier though.  The most interesting part was how for thirty minutes she moaned that she, "needed carrots" before she fell asleep.

Fitness Update:  At the gym he's having us do bench presses and pull-ups.  These are two of the three things I never thought I'd ever do (the third being a push-up, which I do repeatedly, all the time now.) I would tell you how much I'm bench pressing, only it would not impress you in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment