Saturday, July 5, 2014

This, That and Something-or-Other

My list of, "stuff to write about in the blog" has gotten out of hand again.  This seems to keep happening to me.  Initially, I was worried I wouldn't have enough to write about, but as time goes on it is clear that I now like to write just as much as I like to talk.  (And I like to talk a lot.)

The Big Boy Update(s):
Lifting up his sister:  He's been wanting to lift people up lately.  He lifted Whitaker, his eighteen-month-old neighbor in an attempt to put him in a swing.  That didn't go so well and there was an upset parent and some crying.   Now, he wants to pick up his sister and she's relatively agreeable to the whole thing.   He totes her around for a few steps and then talks about how strong he is.

Pool cling-on:  He is swimming a good bit now, but what he most wants to do is launch off the stairs and swim to you, and then hold on to you.   He likes to tell you what you should do next to cater to his every pool need (be a shark, go over there, dive to the bottom, etc.).  I've had to get farther and farther away from him unless I want to drive him around in the water.

She's singing at me:   My daughter likes to sing.  She's figured out a great way to bother her brother.  He bothers her in many, many ways, but this one is I think the best of all the aggravators sibling behaviors yet.   She sings to him and says his name.  He tells her, "No! Don't sing to me!!"   She not only doesn't stop, she sings louder and repeats his name more times.  She loves it.  He hates it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:
The Boo Boo Cataloger:  She likes to check her body for boo boos.   She likes to tell you if there is a new one and how many there are overall.   She likes to tell you if you have a boo boo and poke the boo boo spot just to make sure you know which spot she's talking about.

The Hi Yo song:  My daughter has a song she made up (we think).  She sings, "Hi yo, Greyson.  Hi yo, Reese.  Hi yo, mommy.  Hi yo, <insert name here>"  She is always happy when she sings this song.  We join in with her now.   She also uses this song to aggravate her brother by singing his name multiple times if he balks the first time.

My foot is stuck!:  She can put her foot into the cup holder in her car seat.  She can do this because she's very limber as well as small.   But once she gets her foot in, she can't get it out.   The first time or two I was worried by her cries of alarm.  Now, I just tell her to figure it out or wait until we're home because I unstuck it at the last stop light.

They're both the same!:  She has been noticing things that are the same lately.  This morning she found two lime juice bottles and was very excited that the one in the refrigerator was the same as the unopened one in the pantry.  She then found two empty jars and brought them out to show me they were both empty and the same.

Can I smell it?:  My children watched a Sesame Street episode yesterday in which there were two substances and you had to use different senses to tell them apart.  They had to use their sense of taste to determine which was salt and which was sugar.  They had to use their sense of smell to determine which was water and which was vinegar.   Since that show, my daughter has been wanting to smell everything.

See you at dessert:  We met my husband for dinner tonight.  We told the children when we got home we'd have dessert and that daddy would meet us there because he drove in a separate car.   As we prepared to depart, my daughter said to my husband, "see you at dessert, daddy."

Boogums:  On that same ride home, my daughter told me she had, "boogums".  I told her I could give her a tissue if she needed one.  She said she was okay and then she she suddenly said, "Oh! Mickey doesn't have boogums," referring to the Mickey Mouse stuffed animal she had in her lap.

Fitness (or rather Healthness) Update:  My neck has been bothering me on and off.   I have a spine with low tolerances because of the fusion and other degenerative issues I have.  As a result, when something becomes a problem, it may take weeks or even months to get everything back on an even keel.  Lately, it's been my neck.  It's bothering me so much some nights that I wake up and get an ice pack.  Mornings recently I've had to use my hand to lift my head off the pillow because the muscles are so tense.   It's annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment