Thursday, July 3, 2014

That Screen Thing Downstairs

Have you had those, "boy, I'm old" moments?    I had one the other night.  We have movie night most Friday evenings at our house.  There are adults, who are mostly our age range.  There are some children, who range from two (my daughter) to thirteen-years-old.

While we were getting ready to watch the first movie in the basement, my friend's nine-year-old daughter asked me if she could play on that thing downstairs.   "What", I asked?  "That screen thing downstairs," she said.   I was so confused until I realized she meant the arcade machine we have against the back wall.   "Oh, sure you can, ask Chris how to turn it on."  

That's when I realized at nine, she has no idea what an arcade machine game is--one of the staples of entertainment of my childhood.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came downstairs this morning and climbed into bed with us and decided to hid under the covers.   Then, he started to make a strange chirping noise.  He kept going with this noise while we laughed at him and asked him what animal he was pretending to be.  "A woodpecker," he said.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She dropped a Mickey Mouse cup on her toe last week.  This week, the toenail is barely hanging on.  Today, she really wanted to pull it off, so I helped with some clippers to make it less painful.  The toe looks a fright, but she feels much happier about the situation, so it must feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment