Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tie Dye

We did some tie dying tonight with one of my children's teachers and another family from our school.   I have been a participant in the tie dying before, but this time I was coordinating the process.   It was messy the first time as a mere participant.   As the person running the event, it is drastically more messy.

The children had fun in their underpants squirting dye onto their shirts.  (My son was naked, shocker there.)  Afterwards, they ate dinner mostly naked and then I put them in the bath with a capful of bleach (on recommendation from my son's surgeon for skin bacteria, not at all having anything to do with the splattering of color all over their little bodies.)

Tomorrow morning I get to rinse, vinegar wash, rinse again, washing machine wash, dry and then run a second, towels load in the washing machine to make sure all residual colors have moved on down the line.

Last time, the results were great.  My two children love their tie dyed shirts from the spring and wear them regularly.  We'll see if their work this time is of equal quality.

The Big Boy Update:   My son wants to connect his penis to things.   I would be alarmed, but I hear we're not the only family experiencing a "bonus" member to their family at this age of childhood discovery.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  I heard my daughter wake up this morning.  I heard the drawers of their dresser opening upstairs.  I heard her pattering down the stairs and running into our room.  I opened one eye and watched her put her "night night" outfit into the hamper and her nighttime diaper in the trash can.  Then she came over to my side of the bed and told me, "my wadiebug is is not tied."  And so it wasn't.  Her ladybug dress that she'd selected needed to be tied in the back.   Then she asked me, "can I have yogurt for breakfast?"  Two-and-a-half years old...she makes me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment