Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pile-on Parents Day

I'm not sure what came over my children the other day, but they decided it would be fun to jump, hop and tackle both my husband and me.    We're not usually into wrestling as a family activity, but it turned out to to be lots of fun.

My daughter and my son each planned their attacks differently, but both children incorporated laughs, giggles and screams into their plan.   My husband and I tried to balance accepting their exuberant leaps onto our bodies while worrying about being accidentally and unintentionally wounded by small, excitable children.

We ran out of energy before they did...something that nearly always happens when it's adults versus children.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was playing with a stretchy toy as we got into the car.  I warned him if he kept it up, it was going to break.   A short while later I heard him say, "it broke", followed by my daughter saying, "I got it now."  (She had wanted it all along and he wouldn't share, but when it broke, it flew across the back seat into her lap where he couldn't get to it.  She was very happy about that.)

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My father came to visit yesterday.  He was about to leave when my daughter told him, "I want to go to your castle, Gramps."

Fitness Update:  Our trainer asked us if we were coming in tomorrow when we got to the gym today. He said he needed to know because he wanted to know if he should work us harder today or plan for tomorrow.  I was planning on going in tomorrow, and then time got away from me getting ready for our trip and going out for dinner with friends and I think I'm going to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment